DATA: No Data Issues
Why do some reports indicate 'no data found'?
Our system uses multiple crawlers responsible for various data. If your account is relatively new, and depending on the report/date range, it could take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours until your first reports will display data. In some cases incorrect campaign configuration can lead to empty reports as well. Clicking the Default Report Settings
button usually resolves the issue.
Common causes for 'no data' message:
- Account is new and our crawlers are gathering data
- Invalid date range
- Keyword / URL combination on report options was not found in top 100 search results (relevant only for rank reports and graphs)
- Incomplete campaign setup (missing URL / Keywords / Search Engines / Authorized Connections)
- Domain is new and hasn't been indexed by search engines yet
- Authorized connection to a third party data provider has expired
- Delays or outage of third party data provider (e.g., Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
If keywords are missing completely from a rank report, there are 2 possibilities:
- New keywords may have been added to the campaign, but not selected. Learn more...
- The search engine did not return any result for the keyword on any domain. In some rank reports, Rank Ranger will not display keywords for which the search engine displays no results - meaning no results for any URL on the web. So if Google.com has results, but Google Mobile does not, you will see results for the keyword in the Google.com table, but the keyword will not display at all in the Google Mobile table. That is the way the system is designed because it needs a response from the search engine in order to record a number and when there is no response, then there is no number.
If you need assistance after reviewing and trying the options listed above, please contact our technical support team