The Backlink Explorer is a tool to search for a list of backlinks
or referred links for the target URL, which could be a domain, website, or a specific page URL.
The Backlinks Site Explorer provides:
- Backlink Metrics
- Top Referring TLD Distribution (Top Level Domains)
- Top Anchors
You can use this report for research and to share with clients in white label dashboards and PDF reports (refer to specific instructions in the sections below).
Located in > Backlinks Explorer
Enter a URL
Enter the domain or page
Click the Search
🔎 icon button
Backlink Metrics Overview
Backlink Totals and Types
The Backlink Metrics report section includes the number of:
- Total Backlinks
- Referring Pages
- Page Rank (Rank score 0-100)
- Link Type (text or images)
- Follow vs. No-Follow
- TLD Distribution (Top Level Domains) for Backlinks(BL) and Referring Domain(RD)
- Backlink distribution map
- Top Anchor
In the Top Anchor section of the report the breakdown by Anchor text with the number of referring domains and the percentage is displayed.
The Anchor text is linked to the Backlinks report with the filter set to Include the given Anchor text.
Conveniently add a report or graph with its current settings to a PDF report by hovering over the gold gear icon and selecting Add to PDF Reports
Select the PDF Report that you want the report or graph added to
Drag the new report or graph into the position you want it to display in the PDF and confirm that the Date settings do not conflict with the automated scheduling settings.
Reports and graphs can be added to automated PDF reports via the report screen (as described above) or manually in the PDF Report Content screen. If the report is added via the:
- report screen, then begin by clicking the Edit button corresponding to the report
- PDF Report Content screen, then click the Add Report button and select the Campaign name and Report: Ahrefs - Site Explorer.
Enter the URL (domain or page).
Select the Mode of the URL
Hide or Show Report Sections by moving the slider to the right of each selection.
- Exact URL: matches the results only if the exact URL matches the search engine result
- Domain (excluding Subdomains): domain/* (domain without subdomains)URL
- Domain (including Subdomains): *.domain/* (domain with all its subdomains)URL
- Prefix (domain.com/path/*)
- Backlink Metrics
- Top Referring TLDs
- New & Lost Backlinks
- Top Anchors
Conveniently add a report or graph with its current settings to a marketing dashboard:
1. Hover over the gold gear icon and select Add to Marketing Dashboard
2. Select the Dashboard
3. Select the Dashboard Page
that you want the report added to
4. Click the "Go to Dashboard
" link to further customize the report (e.g., drag it to a specific position on the page, change date settings, etc.)
Refer to the Report Options
section for details regarding the display settings, filters and sort options available for this report.
The report date (or date range) is governed by the selected Dashboard date option: Date Selection or Fixed Periods, learn more...
- Daily reports default to the last day of the selected period
- Weekly and monthly reports default to 1 month of data
To change the number of weeks or months displayed in a specific report, click the gear icon for any marketing dashboard report element and expand the Date option section, enter the number and click the Save Button.
Customize Report for Client Dashboard
Client Dashboards display our default report options for each individual report and graph until you modify them. To customize the display of the report, expand the Report Options section, change the settings and click the Apply Changes button.
Then expand Report Options again and hover over the Save icon and select Save as Default for Client Dashboard
After saving the Client Dashboard default, any changes that you make to the report options will not affect the display in the Client Dashboard unless you overwrite it by following these instructions again.
Enable the Report or Graph to display in the Client Dashboard
Open the Campaign Settings > Client Dashboard
screen and check the box corresponding to the report(s) you want displayed in the dashboard, and then click the Save