Select a SERP Feature
, Search Engine and Keyword and click the search icon.
SERP Feature Chart
The SERP Features
chart displays all the sites that displayed for the selected keyword and SERP feature
during the last 30 days.
- Hover over any point on the chart to view the list of sites and the position in or of the SERP feature (e.g., Featured Snippet may only display position 1, but Related Questions may have 3 or more results for a specific date).
- Highlight of Google Algorithm updates can be set to display in the Report Options
- The chart legend can be displayed or hidden by clicking the Legend button. When the legend is displayed, you can click on any URL to set it to hide or display on the chart.
The SERP Changes section of the report includes:
- A numbered rank for the domain based on period visibility
- SERP Title
- URL that displayed in the SERP Feature
- SERP Description
- The Date represents the last date the domain was found in the SERP for the SERP feature
- The Position the URL was displayed in the SERP feature
- Percentage of Period Visibility, which is based on the number of times the domain appeared for the SERP feature and its position
SERP Feature Not Found
If your search does not result in a report, then try a different keyword, search engine or SERP feature
. You can also check the campaign's Rank Insights
report (in the same SEO report section) and select the SERP Features
option to see which of the campaign's keywords are resulting in SERP features
What does the report indicate?
In this example we've selected the keyword "new york times best sellers", the Google desktop search engine and Featured Snippet
. The chart displays different colors for each site and plots the dates on which those sites were found in a featured snippet
for the search phrase. The SERP Changes section indicates that during the last 30 days 3 sites appeared in a featured snippet
for the keyword:
- amazon.com scored the highest with period visibility of 45.16%
- nytimes.com was visible 19.35% of the time
- en.wikipedia.org has a period visibility of 3.23%
During that period Google did not serve a Featured Snippet
32.26% of the time.
Tracking the Hotel Pack SERP Feature
In this example the Hotel Pack SERP feature
and Google Mobile search engine were selected, allowing for analysis of the fluctuations between which domains Google served in that highly visible pack.
Analyzing Competition for Local Pack Position
If ranking in one of the three positions available in a Local Pack is important for your local business, the SERP Features
Monitor can help you determine which sites are consistently in the Local Pack and how often Google is switching between the domains it ranks for those coveted spots.
Best, Popular and Similar Product Carousels
In this example, we're viewing the Product Carousel (Best Products) feature for the keyword "food processors". The graph displays competitors for the top 5 SERP positions that had products in the carousel. Below that the SERP Changes report provides the detail of carousel positions and changes (such as price) between dates.
People Also Ask
This is one of my favorite SERP Features
, a gift from Google that seems to keep on giving as it expands to provide more and more answers to questions. In this example, the keyword "how to make apple pie" is tracked on Google desktop and the Related Questions SERP Feature
Keyword News Trends
In this example, the Top Stories SERP Feature
was selected for the keyword "electric sports car" tracking on Google desktop. The results included 32 websites that appeared in the Top Stories box in the SERP during the last 30 days - too many for this screenshot, but a wealth of news data for anyone wanting to analyze Google's news feature for their product, service, hobby, etc.
Which Videos are in the SERP?
The SERP Features
Monitor provides title, URL and YouTube channel name when YouTube videos display in the search results. In the example below, the phrase "what is the best home security system" was tracked on a custom location-based search engine and we see that 10 YouTube channels competed for a spot in the video box during the last 30 days.
Which Web Stories are in the SERP?
The SERP Features Monitor provides title, URL and domain when Web Stories display in the search results. In the example below, the keyword "los angeles" was tracked on a mobile search engine and we see that the data for the 5 competitive domains during the last 30 days.