Landing Page Performance
Keyword rank distribution, social signals, organic traffic and all traffic for specific landing pages are some of the options in our Landing Page Performance report. Filter and Sort selecting from a variety of parameters.
Weekly data updates accumulate for historical data that can be used for comparative trending. In one view, see the performance of an exact URL as ranked for your keywords. A click on the page URL reveals the keywords. Rankings are grouped into value based sets and can be viewed for all, or only specific, Search Engines being tracked in a campaign.
Located in Reports & Tools > Organic Search > Rank Tracking > Landing Pages
Landing Page Rank Performance
Landing Page Rank Distribution
Rankings are grouped into value sets of Rank 1 - 3; Rank 4 - 10; Rank 11
- 20 (page 2); Rank 21 - 50; Rank 50+ and NR (No Rank) and can be
viewed for all or only specific Search Engines being tracked in a
Click the Landing Page link or number in the Keywords column to view the Keywords that ranked for a specific page.
Landing Page Social Signals
Set specific Social Signals
in the Display section of Report Options to view the social impact of ranked landing pages on all available social media platforms.
Landing Page Traffic Analytics
Once Google Analytics
has been integrated with your Rank Ranger account, traffic data can be analyzed per landing page in this report to give a better understanding of the success of specific landing pages.
Conveniently add a report or graph with its current settings to a PDF report by hovering over the gold gear icon and selecting Add to PDF Reports
Select the PDF Report that you want the report or graph added to
Drag the new report or graph into the position you want it to display in the PDF and confirm that the Date settings do not conflict with the automated scheduling settings.
PDF Report Settings - Landing Page Performance
Reports and graphs can be added to automated PDF reports via the report screen (as described above) or manually in the PDF Report Content screen. If the report is added via the:
- report screen, then begin by clicking the Edit button corresponding to the report
- PDF Report Content screen, then click the Add Report button and select the Campaign name and Report: Landing Page Performance.
In the Show Report data ending on the field select one of the following options:
In the of field select one of the following options:
- first day
- last day
- or a specific day of the month
- or a specific day of the week (when weekly reports are selected)
In the next field select one of the following options:
The selection must produce a logical date setting based on the PDF report's automated scheduling (at the bottom of the Report Details screen). For example:
If the report is scheduled to be sent every Monday, then the following example would be invalid:
- last day of last month
- 1st of this month
- last day of last week
If the report is scheduled to be sent on the 1st day of every month, the following example would be invalid:
- Saturday of this week (because weeks begin on Sunday and if reports are sent on Monday, then Saturday of this week hasn't yet occurred).
- last day of this month (because it's only the 1st day of the month the report is being sent)
- Rank Change: when enabled, this displays the rank change based on the selected time period for all of the keywords ranked in each position group (e.g., Rank 1-3, Rank 4-10, etc.)
- Compare to Previous: if Rank Change is enabled, select the period to be compared to: previous day, week, month or custom dates.
Display additional Rank columns by moving the slider to the right of each selection.
- Total Keywords is the total number of keywords the landing page ranked for
- Rank 1-3: the number of keywords ranked in positions 1 through 3
- Rank 4-10: the number of keywords ranked in positions 4 through 10
- Rank 11-20: the number of keywords ranked in positions 11 through 20
- Rank 21-50: the number of keywords ranked in positions 21 through 50
- Rank 50+: the number of keywords ranked in position 51 or higher
- No Rank represents the number of campaign keywords not ranking within the maximum supported results tracked by each search engine (refer to our current list of supported search engines for rank depth and additional information)
- Search Volume (Total) for all keywords associated with the landing page, based on Keyword Planner when the keyword was added to the campaign (Learn more...)
- Traffic Value is the total average CPC for the keywords ranked for that landing page
- Facebook: the number of times that site pages have been liked or shared
- LinkedIn: the number of times that site pages have been shared on LinkedIn
- Pinterest: the number of times that site images have been pinned on Pinterest
- Stumbleupon: the number of times that site pages have been shared on Stumbleupon
- Reddit: the number of times that site pages have been shared on Reddit
- Delicious: the number of times that site pages have been shared on Delicious
- Sort Field: select the field you want the report to be sorted by
- Sort Direction: select the sort direction to apply to the sort field, ascending or descending
Select the Keywords you want displayed in the report (use the All or None link for quick selection).
Select the Keyword Tag(s) to filter the report results by: use the All or None link for quick selection or individually check the boxes beside the keyword tags to be included in the report.
Select the Domain you want displayed in this report.
Select the Search Engines to display in the report.
If multiple Search Engines are selected, you have the option to change the display order by clicking the arrow next to the Search Engine and dragging it into the desired order.
Select a Date period: Prior 30 Days or selected calendar date
Display Analytic Metrics by moving the slider to the right for each selection.
This requires campaign connection to a Google Analytics profile.
- Organic Traffic
- Direct Traffic
- Referral Traffic
- Social Traffic
- PPC Traffic
- All Traffic
- Bounce Rate
- Average Session Duration
- Pageviews Per Session
- Goal Conversions
- Goal Completions
- Goal Value
Add to Marketing Dashboard
Conveniently add a report or graph with its current settings to a marketing dashboard:
1. Hover over the gold gear icon and select Add to Marketing Dashboard
2. Select the Dashboard
3. Select the Dashboard Page
that you want the report added to
4. Click the "Go to Dashboard
" link to further customize the report (e.g., drag it to a specific position on the page, change date settings, etc.)
Refer to the Report Options
section for details regarding the display settings, filters and sort options available for this report.
The report date (or date range) is governed by the selected Dashboard date option: Date Selection or Fixed Periods, learn more...
- Daily reports default to the last day of the selected period
- Weekly and monthly reports default to 1 month of data
To change the number of weeks or months displayed in a specific report, click the gear icon for any marketing dashboard report element and expand the Date option section, enter the number and click the Save Button.
Customize Report for Client Dashboard
Client Dashboards display our default report options for each individual report and graph until you modify them. To customize the display of the report, expand the Report Options section, change the settings and click the Apply Changes button.
Then expand Report Options again and hover over the Save icon and select Save as Default for Client Dashboard
After saving the Client Dashboard default, any changes that you make to the report options will not affect the display in the Client Dashboard unless you overwrite it by following these instructions again.
Enable the Report or Graph to display in the Client Dashboard
Open the Campaign Settings > Client Dashboard
screen and check the box corresponding to the report(s) you want displayed in the dashboard, and then click the Save
The meaning of 100+, N/A, N/R, "-" and
The three moving dots
are an indicator that rank tracking is in progress for the keywords and you should check the report later in the day for results. We do the best we can to complete the rank tracking as early as possible every day, however, there are some factors that are beyond our control (e.g., search engine response rate).
Rank Tracker Dashboard displaying tracking in progress for the keywords "smart home technology" and "home security".
is our system default for when our rank tracker did not find the keyword ranking for the primary domain within the maximum supported results tracked by each search engine (refer to our current list of supported search engines
and rank depth for additional information), and the search engine did
return webpages on other domains with results for the keyword.
Rank Tracker Dashboard displaying 100+ as the rank result for several keywords. Options exist in the Account Settings > Theme & Localization screen to set no rank within tracked results as "100+", "N/A", "NR", or "-"
means that the search engine did not
return any result for the keyword, which most likely means that the keyword is not indexed by the search engine at all (e.g., the keyword "lawn mower Nome, Alaska").
N/A is also an account-wide option that can be selected in the Theme & Localization settings
to represent no rank value (e.g., instead of 100+), other options include "NR", "-", or "100+". Please check your account settings before requesting assistance for a keyword that you are certain is indexed.
If you're using one of our rank reporting APIs
, they return a dash "-" in the rank field when no value is available.
If your account is relatively new, and depending on several variables (number of keywords, number of search engines, date range, etc.), rank reports can take anywhere from a few minutes to a 8 hours until your first reports will display all of the data. In the case of a campaign that is a day or more old, incorrect campaign configuration can lead to empty reports as well. Clicking the Default Report Settings
button usually resolves the issue.
Common causes for 'no data found' message:
- Account is new and our rank tracker is gathering data
- Invalid date range (e.g., the report start date is older than the campaign creation date)
- Keyword / URL combination on report options was not found
- within the maximum supported results tracked by each search engine (refer to our current list of supported search engines and rank depth for additional information). Note that this is relevant only for rank reports and graphs.
- Incomplete campaign setup (missing URL / Keywords / Search Engines / Authorized Connections)
- Website is new and hasn't been indexed by search engines yet
- Authorized connection to a third party data provider has expired or been configured incorrectly (refer to the third party integration, or specific report documentation)
- Delays or outage of third party data provider (e.g., Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
If keywords are missing completely from a rank report, there are 2 possibilities:
- New keywords may have been added to the campaign, but not selected. Learn more...
- The search engine did not return any result for the keyword on any domain. In some rank reports, Rank Ranger will not display keywords for which the search engine displays no results - meaning no results for any URL on the web. So if Google.com has results, but Google Mobile does not, you will see results for the keyword in the Google.com table, but the keyword will not display at all in the Google Mobile table. That is the way the system is designed because it needs a response from the search engine in order to record a number and when there is no response, then there is no number.
If you need assistance after reviewing and trying the options listed above, please contact our technical support team
There is a maximum limit of 1000 keywords per campaign
in order to ensure efficient report generation and convenient viewing. Adding more than 1000 keywords to a campaign will cause some functionality to be disabled.
If you need to track more than 1000 keywords for a site, then best practice is to create additional campaigns (e.g., separate them by keyword category, location, tags, etc.). If you have an Enterprise package, you can view rank performance data for multiple campaigns in the Portfolio Report
and by using cross-campaign metrics in the Insight Graph
and Single Metric Widgets