Daily Snapshot by Tag
The Daily Snapshot by Tags report is a feature available in Enterprise packages. It provides a summary of daily rank by keyword tag groupings. This report utilizes Average Weighted Rank based on search volume and the rank of the individual keywords within the tag group. When viewing the report, you can drill down to the keyword list with individual rank trends by clicking the tag name.
Analyze by Tags & Keywords
Daily Snapshot by Tag Report
This report provides the category/tag name, number of keywords in that group (this can be altered in the Keywords section of report options if keywords are unchecked), search volume, and average weighted rank per day (refer to the "How Average Weighted Rank is Calculated" section below for more information).
Drill Down to Daily Snapshot
Clicking the name of a Category/Tag in the Daily Snapshot by Tag report launches the Daily Snapshot report with the list of keywords (and their actual non-weighted rank) for the tag.
How Average Weighted Rank is Calculated
Average Weighted Formula
This formula can be found in Google Sheets. For the purpose of our Daily Snapshot by Tags report, there are 3 calculations run:
- Average Volume: the average of the search volume for all keywords in the tag group
- % of Avg. Volume: each keyword's search volume percentage of the Average Volume
- Average Weighted Rank: utilizes the Average Weighted formula taking into account the rank for all keywords in the tag group and percentage of average volume.
- Custom Report Title (optional): enter a Title to display at the top of the report.
- Rank Color Scale: displays rank cells with a heat map based on positions
- Rank Decimal Precision: select the number of decimal places you want displayed in the rank columns
- Algorithm Updates: displays an indicator of Google algorithm updates reported in our historical algorithm update tracking tool in the date column heading.
- Keyword Average Monthly Volume column
- Notes indicator in the column heading
Sort and Group
- Sort Field: select the field yo want the report to be sorted by
- Sort Direction: select Ascending or Descending
- Group By: Domains or Keywords determines the content of each table
- Select individual keywords that you want data included for in the report - this is optional, by selecting Tags below you don't need to select individual keywords unless you want to.
Important: Refer to Tag Manager for more information about creating Tag Groups and options.
- Select the Tag(s) to filter the report by: use the All or None link for quick selection or individually check the boxes beside the keyword tags to be included in the report.
- Select a Tag Filter
Contains at least one (OR): this option includes any of the selected tags
Require all selected (AND): this option requires all of the selected keyword tags in order for the keyword data to display in the report.
- Select the website(s) to be displayed in the report.
Click the Apply Changes button
- Select the search engine(s) you want included in the report
- Use the arrows to change the order in which the search engine tables display in the report.
Conveniently add a report or graph with its current settings to a PDF report by hovering over the gold gear icon and selecting Add to PDF Reports
Select the PDF Report that you want the report or graph added to
Drag the new report or graph into the position you want it to display in the PDF and confirm that the Date settings do not conflict with the automated scheduling settings.
Conveniently add a report or graph with its current settings to a marketing dashboard:
1. Hover over the gold gear icon and select Add to Marketing Dashboard
2. Select the Dashboard
3. Select the Dashboard Page
that you want the report added to
4. Click the "Go to Dashboard
" link to further customize the report (e.g., drag it to a specific position on the page, change date settings, etc.)
Refer to the Report Options
section for details regarding the display settings, filters and sort options available for this report.
The report date (or date range) is governed by the selected Dashboard date option: Date Selection or Fixed Periods, learn more...
- Daily reports default to the last day of the selected period
- Weekly and monthly reports default to 1 month of data
To change the number of weeks or months displayed in a specific report, click the gear icon for any marketing dashboard report element and expand the Date option section, enter the number and click the Save Button.