Google Suggested Search API
method provides up to 10 keyword results from Google suggested search. In addition to the suggested results, HTML detailing the words that display in bold in the Google search is included.
Google Suggested Search API
is one of our SEO Intelligence Search API methods
, data is available for Google, including localized versions.
: this is a stand-alone API-only package, it does not include access to our reporting platform reports or Reporting API methods
: data generated by this API is stored for 60 days.
Please contact us
with the number of keywords and search engines you'd like this data for, along with the frequency (e.g., daily, weekly or monthly), and we'll provide you with information regarding a custom SERP API package and pricing.
API Options & Restrictions
API package capacity can be upgraded at any time.
Multiple types of API packages (Rank Top 50 Daily with SERP Features, Google Suggested Search Monthly, etc.) can exist in one account.
When creating new campaigns you must be careful to select the correct package for the new campaign because you:
- Cannot transfer keywords or campaigns between Reporting Platform and API packages or between different types of API packages.
- Cannot change an existing API package to a different type (e.g., Rank Top50 to Google Suggested Search).
- Cannot change the frequency (e.g. from Monthly to Daily) of an existing API package.
Refer to Rank Ranger API Overview
page for information on how to obtain API access, obtain an API Key, error codes and a full list of API methods.
||The unique API key assigned to your account
||Search Engine ID
||Campaign ID number
||Requested data date
Optional: Date Range can be called using
(for up to a span of 10 days)
If date is used, then do not include the results parameter
||Number of days' data (up to 10)
Do not use with date parameter
| Construct & test API requests in the API Console or follow one of these examples:
Google Suggested Search for the most recent 2 results
Google Suggested Search for a specific date
Google Suggested Search for a specific date range
The default output is in XML format, if you would like the output to be json the you will need to add "&output=json” at the end of the string
Keyword Identifier is an optional user defined field that can be used when adding a keyword to a campaign.
Up to 10 results are displayed, dependent upon the actual number of Google results for the keyword on the specified date(s).
If no results are found for a keyword on the specified search engine, then no results displays like this:
If you'd like to help determining which of our API plans is most appropriate for your needs, contact our service team
and an account manager will be happy to assist you.
If you already have a Rank Ranger plan and see an error message when accessing the Account > Connections > API & Connected Apps screen, then to obtain API access you will need to upgrade to a package that includes API access by completing a custom package request
form or contacting Rank Ranger support
with your requirements.
If your company has API services included in a plan and you aren't able to access the screen, contact your company's Rank Ranger acccount administrator to request that your user permissions
be set to include access to the Account > API and Connected Apps screen.
You can obtain API Keys per user if your Rank Ranger account has API access by navigating to
2. Connections > API & Connected Apps
3. Click the Generate Key
4. Select a User and add a note (optional)
5. Click the Add
To make construction of API requests easy, we offer this API testing tool. Most parameters are included in the options of the console, however, you may need to add custom option parameters to your API requests based on the specific API you're using. Referencing the parameters information that is listed in the specific API method documentation, you can construct and test API requests in Rank Ranger's API Console
by navigating to:
3. API Console
4. Select the Method and complete the applicable fields
5. Click the Generate button
6. Test your API method by clicking the launch URL icon and view your results. Once your results are as you want them, copy that URL into your own application and modify as needed for each request.
Getting Started: Samples of APIs used for Creating Campaigns
We recommend reviewing our Best Practices Guide
prior to structuring campaigns.
Get Packages Info
: Required when there is more than 1 package in an account
Add a Profile
: An option for adding an identifier to your campaigns for categorization (e.g., by language, country, etc)
Get Profile ID list
: Optional Data needed for Add a Campaign
Obtain the Search Engine List
: Data needed for Add a Campaign
Add a Campaign
: Create a new campaign, response will include the Campaign ID number that is needed for adding a search engine and keywords
*Note that Profile ID is an optional field that you may use, if you choose not to use it, then please remove "&profile_id=ProfileIDnumber” from the end of this call
Add a Search Engine
: Add search engine to a campaign
Add a Keyword
: An optional field is available for keyword_identifier field, allowing you to add your own unique identifier to each keyword
Bulk Add Keywords
: You may download and use the spreadsheet found on the Campaign Settings > Keywords screen to organize and import your keywords, or use this API
You'll find additional API methods in the Account Management and Data documentation
Rank Ranger APIs can pull up to 100 queries per minute. If more than 10,000 API GET requests per hour is required, then there is an option available at an additional throughput fee, contact customer service for assistance.
Rank Reporting Method Limits
Research API Methods
- Rank Data & Research Reporting API methods can only provide data from campaigns tracking in your Rank Ranger account.
- You can run an unlimited number of queries through the API.
Search API Method Limits
- The variety of Research Method APIs have limits on the number of queries per day based on the capacity of your package. If you require additional units, please contact customer service and an account manager will provide you with package upgrade pricing.
- SEO Intelligence API method query limits are based on the number of units purchased for your custom plan (e.g., 1 unit = 1 keyword tracked on 1 search engine, 1 time).
- Search API plans do not include access to the reporting platform.