To integrate Google Ads data directly into your Rank Ranger account, an authorization script needs to be generated and added to the Google Ads account. Two options are available: Daily Ads updates and Historical Ads data import and storage in your Rank Ranger account for use in reports and graphs.
Each Rank Ranger campaign can be integrated with one Google Ads account. Google Ads campaigns can be filtered in the report and metric graph settings.
Google Ads Connection Tool
The Google Ads connection script generation tool is located in Tools > Utilities > Misc.
- Select a Campaign
- Select the Daily option to enable daily updates of Google Ads data to Rank Ranger
- Click the Generate button
- Copy the Code
- Proceed to the Authorize Google Ads Integration instructions below
Google Ads Tools
Access your Google Ads account and click the TOOLS
icon and then select Scripts
in the BULK ACTIONS section.
Click the +Add
Click the AUTHORIZE
link in the yellow bar
Select a Google Account
This must be a Google account that has administrative permissions for Google Ads
Click the Allow button
This example is for Historical update
which is a one-time script.
- Name the script, we recommend using a name that is descriptive of the data to help anyone working in the Google Ads account understand what the script is for.
- Paste the Rank Ranger script code into the box, overwriting their default content
- Click the SAVE link
- Click Scripts
Additional Steps for Daily Updates
If this script is for DAILY updates
, locate the new script in the list and click the pencil icon to edit it.
- Set frequency to Daily and select a time and click Save
- Click AUTHORIZE
- Select the Google Account
- Click the Allow button
Click the SCRIPT HISTORY tab to view the scripts that have processed (i.e., Status will be "Finished successfully" and they will display data in the Results column)
Scripts Processed Today
Select Today in the calendar to determine if your new script has processed (it usually is not ready instantly, you may need to wait an hour).
Script Action Options
If your new script isn't displayed in the Script History for today within an hour of creating it, you can click back to the Scripts
screen and in the Actions
column select the Run